Start Date - June 8th 2011

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Pageviews last month

Thursday, June 30, 2011

#7 - Keep an estimate of calorie intake for the first month or two.

Keeping track of calories is not suggested in this book. I just figured since the techniques that Dr. Hawkins suggests are dealing with consciousness, and awareness, than it is sensible to be aware of the calories that I am consuming until I feel that I have transcended my previous eating patterns and habits. After a month or two I will stop doing this, as I believe I will have a good feel for how much I am consuming.

There was a time when I never counted calories and so I was quite unaware of how many calories I was consuming. I think it is a good idea to know how many calories you should be eating in order to loose weight, gain weight, or stay the same.

I am not completely strict about this, it is taken somewhat lightheartedly. It is just a good way for me to stay conscious of my eating. I certainly do not count every single calorie that I consume, I usually estimate the calories and have a general idea of my calorie intake.

Some days I eat very little, and really do not feel like eating, and some days I feel like eating more. I do not have a set rule of how many calories I can have, but I do have a good idea of how many calories I do not want to eat.

On most days after using the techniques suggested in Dr. Hawkins book I have found that I am really not as attached to the idea that I have to have a meal, it is more like I can take it or leave it. Yet on other days, I am actually looking forward to eating once the hunger sensations have passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment