Start Date - June 8th 2011

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Pageviews last month

Thursday, June 30, 2011

#6 - Let go of self defeating belief systems and excuses for being overweight.

There are hundreds of reason that people come up with for being over weight.

I will list a few of the ones that I have had, which I believe contributed to me being over weight, and explain how I have allowed them to go away.

#1 - Having 5 kids.

#2 - I can't loose weight.

#3 - Having thyroid issues make it very difficult to loose weight.

#4- I am fat.

#1 - There is no reason that having 5 kids should prevent me from letting go of weight. There is no logic, or scientific data to support this as a fact, so this is an excuse that is self defeating, and so I allow this excuse to fall away. It is not true, and so I stop saying it to myself.

#2 - I can't believe I actually told my doctor that could not loose weight. The truth is - I actually loose weight quite well. I have lost weight every time I plan to. I just quit after a while, because I did not understand the patterns that have been running and ruling my eating behavior.

#3 - This one is easy to believe. In fact even my doctor told me it could be due to my thyroid. However, the truth is, that my body gains weight when I eat more calories than I burn. All the times I have reduced my calories I have lost weight, so my thyroid problem is not preventing me from letting go of weight.

#4 - I am not fat. I am not a body. I have a body. Right now that body is fat. But I am not fat. If my body were to loose a leg, I would still be me. When my body looses a tooth, I am still me. When my body looses weight, I will still be me.


This is probably the most important technique, because it will reveal some very ridiculous belief systems that are running in the back ground, which can easily go unnoticed.

In the book, Dr. Hawkins talks about an old man that is going to see a therapist. He moves very slow, with very little energy. It takes him a lot of effort just to get to the chair and sit down. Then the therapist hypnotizes the old man into believing that he is 35 years old. The old man wakes up, believing that he is 35, and he moves like he did when he was 35 - full of energy, moving about without difficulty, yet he was still in his old body.

This illustrates how our belief systems have power over our bodies. The body listens to the mind. So as long as I believe in any of the excuses I have given myself for being over weight, I will not be able to let go of the weight permanently. Because my beliefs will creep there way back into my life. Just as they have in the past. So, now when ever I catch my mind lying to me, I laugh a bit, cause the mind is busy, and quite funny, and I simply reject those thoughts as being the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment